The 5th and 6th year at the CSDB fulfills a pedagogical organization based on cooperative work structures, which responds to the individual characteristics of each student, to their specific needs, with pedagogical strategies so that each and everyone can succeed in their learning.
The teaching-learning process in the 2nd cycle in based on the following principles:
- The teaching-learning process is centered on the person of the Student ando n the social interaction in the class: in this social interaction, knowledge is shared and learning is motivated;
- Pedagogical differentiation: the educational actions focuses on the differentiated work of the students and noto n the simultaneaous teaching by the teacher;
- Daily autonomous study time: the student is accompanied individually by each teacher to overcome difficulties and promote potential in their learning path;
- Cooperative structures in multilevel learning groups: students are organized into groups and accompanied by two teachers who organize and manage the learning environment;
- Interdisciplinarity: the disciplinary contents are operationalized in na interconnected way, based on the project work methodology and autonomous study time;
- Curricular learning through cooperative projects: cooperative study work, artistic production, scientific or social research for the development of curricular learning;
- Contextualization of learning: adequacy of contentes to the daily reality of the student and the class, leading to meaningful learning;
- Student autonomy and responsibility: the student is a conscious manager of his/her learning process;
- Organization and shared management of learning: joint weekly moments of the class reserved for planning, assessment and analysis of learning, as well as for the promotion of socio-moral development;
- Communication of Learning: student’s knowledge and leaning are shared and disseminated by others;
- Final summative assessment supported by the descriptive assessment: this assessment, in a formative aspect, which serves as the basis for the final assessment;
- Curriculum with daily English: daily english classes.